A.R.E. is the only ISO certified truck cap manufacturer in the USA. For four decades they have been dedicated to manufacturing truck caps. They take great pride in providing the best quality products possible.
A.R.E. Truck Caps & Tonneau Covers
Quality and Construction
Our Quality Product Shows Through In Every Layer.
1. Sandable Primer Gelcoat - Formulated to our exact specifications for smoother exteriors and increased surface life.
2. Unique Polyester Resin / Fiberglass Laminate - Our first laminate is a specially formulated surface resin for increased flexibility and a smoother surface.
3. Low Filled Resin Fiberglass - Our second and third layers of fiberglass laminates encase the honeycomb reinforcement. These layers of laminate have a low ratio of filler for added integrity, rigidity, and a smoother interior.
4. Reinforced Roof - We insist on at least 1/2" honeycomb to add strength to the roof.
1. Gas Props - Our Gas Props are set to the optimal pressure to assist in lifting and closing the cap door.
2. Heavy Duty Frame - Our rear doors come standard with a heavy duty frame for function and longevity.
3. Dark Tint Glass - Our rear doors and side windows come standard with dark tint glass.
4. Automotive Grade Locks - We use only the best locks in the industry. Our locks are designed by STRATTEC®, a leader in lock technology.
1. Extra Reinforcement - Coremat material is utilized in corners and stress areas for added strength.
2. Reinforced Baserails - Our caps are reinforced with a .80 extruded baserail for strength. It is also bonded by both adhesive and rivets to the fiberglass and is warrantied for life against separation.
3. Painted Basetrim - Painted Basetrim snaps on underneath the baserail. This process keeps water out!
4. Reinforced Baserail Corners - Our baserails end is a first in the industry. This unique design adds strength to the back corner of the cap, which is a major stress area.
1. Clear Coat Exterior - We use DuPont® Glamour Urethane Clear.
2. Automotive Grade Paint - All paints are baked-on using DuPont's® Chroma Premier automotive paint for life, optimal color matching, and superior quality.
3. Interior Options - To further enhance the automotive look of your cap, you may choose one of our fabric interior colors which include red, blue, brown, silver, or dark grey.
A.R.E.'s palm grip latches securely with just a twist of the wrist an the interior pull strap is easy to reach. Also available is an optional interior light.
We use only DuPont® Chroma Premier paints for our tonneaus, guaranteeing quality and the longest lasting paint coverage. The aluminum frame and continuous hinge is "second to none".
A.R.E. equips each LSII with Suspa® gas props, a recognized leader in the automotive industry for reliable, long-lasting gas props. A.R.E.'s lift system eliminates stress on the truck bed and you.
The weight of the LSII rests on the height adjusters, protecting your truck from unnecessary paint wear.
Less Stress on truck bed and tonneau body...
The new LSII "lift assist system" replaces the stress of gas props that can be found with other hard tonneau covers. Truck beds are not designed to have a constant 200+ pounds of pressure pushing or pulling on the front corners of the bed. the steel arms of the "lift assist system" capture and hold the pressure of the gas props, thus extending the life of the truck bed and framework of the LSII tonneau.